Friday, December 26, 2014

My Diet Modification

Even with being a personal tainer I have a lot of room for improvement in my personal diet.  For the most part I eat healthy but I will be the first to admit that I have a sweet tooth that can at times get the best of me.  My wife who is either all on track or binge eating is also someone that needs a modification so we have decided that we need a complete diet make over.  

We are independant distributors with AdvoCare and have decided that we will be participating in the All-In 24 Day Challenge that begins on January 7, 2015.  We were actually discussing this today on what steps we need to take to be successful not just during the 24 Day Challenge but also to be successful after we are done.  The biggest thing that we fail at is preparation.  So we have vowed to keep each other accountable and that we would do our food preparation together.  


Our first step is to order our challenges.  What does the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge consist of?  It is a 10 day cleanse and a 14 day burn phase.  

During our cleanse phase we will refrain from eating fried foods, drinking alcohol, and eating processed foods.  The challenge starts to get a little stricter during days 11 through 24 as you have burn days and refuel days.  Burn days you do not eat any starches or carbohydrates and on your refuel days you add in the starch/carb.  This program is designed so you get your proper nutrients into your body after cleansing all the toxins.  

My wife and I have decided that we will create a meal plan on a weekly basis and do our grocery shopping for the next week on Sundays and do all of our meal preparation.  That is our biggest failure is working all day and coming home and not wanting to cook so we go out or we order food that is less that good for our bodies and definitely not well balanced.  We want to incorporate what I have learned in this class to help plan our meals and I foun that choosemyplate.org has wonderful information for us to use to create our meal plans.  Not only will we be eating healthier but our pocket books will thank us as we eat out quite often since neither one of us want to figure out what to cook for dinner.  Since we will be planning our meals out there is no excuse to not knowing what we are having for dinner that evening.  

I have also decided that tracking our progress either via a written blog or a youtube blog will also help us to stay on track. 


No comments:

Post a Comment